Flash Required to view this area.

Monday, November 16, 2009

{Roseville,Sacramento Children's Photographer}: Kari & P

IMG_6722
I saw them from afar as I was getting out of my car walking in their direction. Her mother sitting on the bench, soaking up the sun with a smile on her face, watching her daughter dance and prance around. As I approached and made my hello's, I drew out my hand to offer a handshake, "P" refused and instead gave me a warm inviting smily hug. Wow! It was going to be a great afternoon.

What I love about photography is that I get to witness the love between people. People that I've never met before or people that I lost touch with and have reconnected with after many years, say like almost 2 decades, like Kari. Who'd ever known that our musical connection would bring us to see Music Mike at the same town, same day, same library and sit right, darn, next to each other? Who would have ever known that after high school, that one day I'd be photographing her little girl? Yeah, wrap your head around that one...

The love that this mother has for her daughter and the love that this daughter has for her mother is unquestionable. There is no denying it.
IMG_6657

What I think is so special is the fact that they will have this set of memories to remember this time in their lives. Think ahead...go on... think.... think 20 years in the future when this little girl is 25, are you picturing it? They find time to be together, taking a break from hectic schedules. They snuggle in close and start to get nostalgic, they break out the photos and reminisce about the events around this time... I'm practically crying already from imagining. Kari, please Facebook me and let me know what a wonderful time you both had remembering what a great kid you had back in 2009. K? Don't forget. :)
IMG_6892tex2

One thing that they will surely remember fondly is how big a fan "P" is of Hannah Montana. THE biggest fan... I'm flashing into the future and I can see her giggling about it with her mom. If she's anything like her mother though, Hannah Montana is just the start, she will continue to grow her love of music to rock out to all her life.
pk12

Kari and "P", thank you for spending your afternoon with me in Old Sacramento, I had a great, great time!

To see more of this photosession, click here (please allow a few seconds to load):


Have a truly wonderful Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jennifer!! I LOVE these...how can I ever thank you for capturing such precious memories of me and my girl - so amazing! Thank you so very much :) xoxo Kari and Paisley

    ReplyDelete