Flash Required to view this area.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thankful.....

{Just a sticky: I will be in La Quinta, California on January 1 and 2. If you're in the area and would like to have a photosession with me, please email me at brotchie@comcast.net. Hope to hear from you.}

sacramento-roseville-photographer-9159
Some of my extended family came from Hawaii to gather together in Northern California during the Thanksgiving weekend. I am blessed with a HUGE family and it continues to grow, which I am so thankful for. I have family in Connecticut (Holla!), in New York (Holla!), in Arizona (Holla!) and of course Hawaii (Aloha!). The majority are here in Northern California. This is not including my husbands side, which are mostly in Vancouver, Canada (Holla!) and a pair in La Quinta (Holla!). It's not all the time, very rarely that we are all in one place at the same time. So when some of them do come, it's a celebration and everyone breaks out the camera's and the smiles. I think we had about a dozen point and shoots in a line to take pictures.

Above, is my cousin "Tweety", yes, that's his nickname, but goes by " DJ Tide DC" is a Bad A** DJ in Hawaii, that's right, I said Bad A**. He can break it down.

We have been a close knit family since I could remember as a very small kid. But as families grow, sometimes we grow apart, by location, by busy lives, by taking care of our own families. My cousins and I are heading into our 40's, some already there, most of us in our mid-30's, a few of us in our 20's and teens, one under 10 and as of late, another one 6 months in utero, so for me, this time together is something to cherish. I didn't plan on blogging this, but I am because it's something I want to remember.
sacramento-roseville-photographer-9018


One thing that the old folks do is sit around a card table and play majong. When the cousins were little, after they played (usually around the very early hours of the night- we're talking when the bats come out of sleeping), they would each give us money, 50 cents here, $1.00 there and if they were feeling extremely generous, maybe $2.00 a piece. Not anymore though, they all pocket their winnings now.
sacramento-roseville-photographer-9120

This girl, my cousin Jessica has the most beautiful singing voice. She has the voice of an angel and she is an angel too. Need someone to sing at your wedding, I can hook you up.
sacramento-roseville-photographer-9134

..and this little boy...he and his family are part of our family now. This little boy's mamma donated one of her kidney's to save the life of one of my aunt's. Truly a gift.
sacramento-roseville-photographer-9045

For those of you who are in the Fresno area, this is my cousin Thomas. Stop by his restaurant and lounge Twist and tell him I sent ya.
sacramento-roseville-photographer-9165

A shout out to my David for taking my camera and taking these pictures for me. While I was busy talking, hugging and catching up with my cousins, he captured some great memories for me. Love ya babe.
sacramento-roseville-photographer-9040

and of course I compiled it all into a slideshow. The music holds some nostalgia for me....part of my family used to have a family band and dj. When we'd all get together for an event, this song was played and it ALWAYS got us out on the dance floor to do a little cha, cha, cha....

(give it a few seconds to load)


Refresh your screen to replay.

One day, we'll all be together again in the same place and that would be a huge celebration! Miss and love you all so dearly.

xoxo, jenn.

No comments:

Post a Comment