Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

{Roseville,Sacramento Photographer}: 25 Hours of Thunderhill

roseville-sacramento-photographer-9289
In Willows this past weekend for the annual 25 Hours of Thunderhill. Race cars of all different types, pros to club racers compete in this endurace race. Non stop race around the track for 25 hours! The air was brisk, the wind was unforgiving and the cold temperature was biting!

One of the benefits of being married to a motorsport fan is that I get to go and bring my camera and snap away at cars, really COOL cars. One of the benefits for him married to a photographer is my photo equipment, my gear.
roseville-sacramento-photographer-9289 (2)

We took both camera's and all of our lenses and just had a hey day. All images of which I will be compiling for the pro team that David helped out that weekend. I had hot patches from REI stuck on to my body for warmth and two loose warmers for each of my hands, my long johns under my clothes, gloves and winter coat and snuggled into my sleeping bag to sleep in the car while the race whizzed around me. These guys are hard core..no sleeping in fancy motels for this race. Even this sweet little girl was cold...
roseville-sacramento-photographer-9289 (3)

David did manage to get this fabulous shot (the last photo in this post) and this one in the dead of night... 34 degrees, tripod, 4 second exposure, 20mm lens, wide open... (see the red streak? those were the cars..)
roseville-sacramento-photographer-9289 (4)
He's definitely finding his niche.

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment