Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

{Roseville, Sacramento Photographer}: Us, Part I

sacramento-roseville-wedding-photographer-9194
So I had the pleasure of photographing this lovely group... Uh, Yeah! that's my family! This was literally an afterthought on a late Sunday afternoon. The sun was going down soo fast and this was the only weekend we had free before the bad weather hit, so we hustled. For those of you wondering who took the photos, well, I did technically. I set my camera on top of my tri-pod, dialed in the settings, got everyone in position, hit the shutter, had 10 seconds and ran to my place. Back and forth, back and forth, adrenaline kicking in.

I, ME am my worst critic. I do not like the way I look in photographs. I have to literally take 200 before I am satisfied with one. Sound familiar? Any moms out there that can sympathize? Yes, we all have our demons. This is one of mine. This one isn't one of my best compositionally, but cut me a little slack, I WAS running back and forth, directing the kids, threatening them if they don't behave they'd be in trouble, kicking myself for not telling my husband to wear darker pants and having to deal with the sun quickly going down....
sacramento-roseville-wedding-photographer-9193

I'm a little lucky, my kids are hams, when they are in the mood, they are big posers and they refrained from the bunny ears this time, thank goodness...actually it was the evil eye from mom...
sacramento-roseville-wedding-photography-9196

It was literally 4pm and I threw these clothes on the kids, not really having a plan in mind, but I knew the colors would meld together, plus, who'd ever thought of blue's and green's for Christmas photos? I am of the motto, whatever goes, we'll make it work, and I think it did! There are other things that I could stress out about than color coordination...
sacramento-roseville-wedding-photography-9190

This one I like a lot, but it's not the one I chose for our cards. Of which, I ordered late because I am a busy, busy mom, or at least I pretend to be :) They are on their way to my mailbox and I hope to get them out this week. I'll post the rest of our photo session tomorrow....
sacramento-roseville-wedding-photography-9203

Only 9 more shopping days left 'till Christmas! Off to do some shopping.... maybe I'll run into you, stop me and say hi!

4 comments:

  1. They're all terrific Jen, but the last one is my favourite - the kids are so cute (you and Dave too, of course)lol Auntie Margaret

    btw just in case you or Dave wonder - Uncle David always loves to see your photos too - he's just not very good at letting you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a beautiful family. hope you had a wonderful christmas :) happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great in every photo, don't know what you're talkin' about there! ;) And your kids are ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete