Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

{Roseville,Sacramento Family Photographer}: Laguna Seca

IMG_2411
I mentioned in this post that we were in Monterey, Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway for the big American Le Mans Series race or ALMS. My husband is a huge Flying Lizards Fan. They race suped up Porsches, supercars, not your usual Porsche. This time around we took the kids so they could experience the thrill of being at the track. If you've never been to an event like this and love speed and cars, you should go. Hearing the supercars whiz by live in person is really something to experience. Although, you have to be a HUGE fan to listen to it all day long.

This time, my husband had the camera. He tried his hand and I think he did pretty darn good, it does help that his wife has some pretty darn good equipment too. Helluva shot, don't you think?
Laguna Seca 2009

Don't you all run out and buy expensive camera gear now... He took darn near 500 shots and got about maybe 10 good ones and this ONE AWESOME shot. Par for the course in motorsport photography, but I'm proud of him that he enjoyed himself lugging around 6 pounds worth of camera equipment, panning right to left, left to right, click, click, click....
IMG_2407
Yes, that's me and Isabella and Jensen, taken by David. Not bad. It was a beautiful day, although, hot when you started to walk around and then cold when you stayed in one place for too long. I was constantly taking my sweater on and off.
IMG_2308
Maybe about an hour since we got there, Jensen looked at me and said, "OK, time to go home now." He was a trooper though. Actually, they all were troopers, especially when we saw the bounce houses and just let them at it for an hour or so while I stayed with them and David went off on his own to perch himself to get those shots.
IMG_2422
It was a pretty full day and I was really happy to go this year and bring the entire family. I love these family days together. Someday soon, we'll go watch a real live Formula One Race. Now that would be cool.
IMG_2428

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please pass on my link if you don't mind... it'd make me really happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment