Flash Required to view this area.

Friday, January 8, 2010

{Roseville, Sacramento Wedding Photographer}: Harmony Motel & Joshua Tree

sacramento-roseville-wedding-engagement-photographer-0717
We ventured out into the city of 29 Palms where the Joshua Tree National Park is located. Specifically to find this sign and to take a picture of it, with us in it of course, just like them, U2.
u2-joshua-tree-motel
The problem was that we were in the right place, but that exact sign was gone. A nice man drove by and told us that a couple of owners back, the sign was sold for a pretty sum and it has since been replaced. No matter, David and Jennifer Brotchie were still standing in the same area that Bono, the Edge, Larry and Adam stood when they took that photo, when they were inspired to write the masterpiece that is The Joshua Tree Album. Oh yes, we are cool.
sacramento-roseville-wedding-engagement-photographer-0725
We were rock stars for a couple of hours. We were feelin' it.
sacramento-roseville-wedding-engagement-photographer-0715
Although, I kept giggling. I am not at all comfortable in front of the camera, I'm a nerd. So I'd dial in the settings in the camera, click the timer, pose, wait a few seconds and I'd start laughin' like the nerd that I am.
sacramento-roseville-wedding-engagement-photographer-0733
You know, it's kind of hard to pose yourself without someone telling you how you should pose. That's usually my job: to tell YOU what to do when I'm behind the camera, no matter, I just don't like being told what to do, so I don't think it would have made an ounce of difference what I did.
sacramento-roseville-wedding-engagement-photographer-0738
But I do like how these turned out. I love couples photography. I love engagement photography. I love wedding photography. It's so different to have two people totally engaged and within each other's hemisphere's without any distraction..in our case distraction from our offspring. Thanks Nana and Grampa for letting us go be a couple for a little bit.
sacramento-roseville-wedding-engagement-photographer-0747
So yeah, you need a photographer, holla! 'cuz I can hook you up... big time!
sacramento-roseville-wedding-engagement-photographer-0739
Gosh, I miss that weather... but I did enjoy being on an afternoon date with my guy. Thanks for dragging me out there, babe.
sacramento-roseville-wedding-engagement-photographer-0757

Enjoy the weekend!
xo,
~j

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I am so impressed you took these with a timer. I once took pictures of myself at The Embarcadero where U2 did the concert in Rattle and Hum. So I share in your geekiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god!!!!! i am freaking out over that last photo! i hope you got a HUGE canvas of it. goooorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rocked the self potraits! I am impressed! Not to mention you are um gorgeous!

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to meeting you next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with these self-timer photos...composition and poses and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drop dead gorgeous, series. Love that silver wall!

    The last one is amazing, so environmental :)

    ReplyDelete