Flash Required to view this area.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Out on the track...

IMG_0796
So as I mentioned earlier in the week, my husband is a huge HUGE motorsport fan. He races his own suped up Mustang around the course. He's always wanted me to take my camera out to the track during SCCA solo cup and snap some shots. With him being in a cast and out for the season, this past weekend was the perfect time. Naturally, I don't want to get run over, so he was my spotter/assistant for the day.

Motorsport photography is a totally different "animal" than people photography. How do you tell stories with cars?

You can definitely capture speed...
IMG_0996

but I love to capture stories...
like this guy, not more than 12, in his go cart, whizzing by...maybe a future Formula One Champ?
IMG_1344

or it's the dad who gave his car to his son and are enjoying the gravel for the day...
IMG_0842

or it's the afternoon spent together enjoying brotherhood...
IMG_1311

whatever the story was, it was a great day to be out on the track...
IMG_1237

Thanks for stopping by! As always, if you enjoy my blog, please pass on the link. Be sure to stop tomorrow, full posting of Tracy + Colin's pregnancy sesh.
Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, your pictures looks great!!! it makes the cars looks so awesome!! it was a pretty fun day at the track that day!!!

    ReplyDelete