Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Yesterday.

1stgrade_750

Yesterday. First day of school. August 25, 2009.

May 2006, Marlena was 5 and Isabella was 3. Marlena started kindergarten, Isabella stayed home and Jensen was about 7 months old. Back then, Marlena was (and still is) the big sister taking her sister's hand and leading the way. Marlena about to start school, Isabella a bit disappointed. Her arm around Isabella's shoulder, she said to her little sis, "Don't worry Belle, someday you'll go to school too and I'll help you... I'll be home around lunch time."

Yesterday. Marlena started the 3rd grade and Isabella started the 1st grade. Marlena took her sister's hand and lead the way. This time she said, "Belle, you'll love it! You get 2 recesses and if we're early we get 3!" They both squealed in excitement. There I was, watching through the gates, waving my good-byes. Them, walking hand in hand, big sis leading the way for her little sis. My heart melting. My eyes filled with happiness for a few stolen moments in my own thoughts. Then I realized my hand was empty..."Jensen! come here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment